I keep wanting to write but it requires me to get into that uncomfortable head space where there are tears. I am fearful that once the fog fades there will be too much clarity. What can I hold on to once the pain is gone?
This is random but I’m sitting here trying not to beat myself up. The fact is, I’m only human. I’m entitled to be easily distracted, aren’t I? I question this because my “sole purpose” of opening my laptop tonight was to write. But I have no self discipline and I wind up doing things that are not related to writing in the least. I’m hoping that another writer will reach out from my woodwork of creative followers and tell me that this is a part of any creative process. So here goes.
- Finding good music. Something to vibe to that isn’t too loud or fast paced. Perhaps a little sensual or even melancholy.
- Watching funny vines. Animals are so funny. No emotions, my ass. *Scoff*
- Signing on to WordPress & finishing a short story and starting a new one.
- Wait, I finished a story so before I start a new one, I surf the net and by net I mean Facebook and maybe instagram.
- Bad lady cramps. Let’s get on the floor and stretch. May as well work out a little too.
- More Facebook – funny cat compilation.
- Starts new short story
- Pondering my life.
- Puts baby back to sleep. ( in addition to being a writer, i also have two children)
- Self doubt
- No. – just no.
- More self doubt.
- Okay, more writing.
- Meh…I can’t even finish this list.